What a week it has been. In fact, what a month. It is amazing how time flies when one has a husband and a house to look after. Can you tell that I am still overwhelmed by it all after four months?
This is my typical week:
Monday - work, go to gym, come home and cook dinner, wash up, watch TV (Desperate Housewives and Brothers & Sisters).
Tuesday - work, go to mum & dad's for dinner, hang out with family.
Wednesday - work, go to gym, come home and cook dinner, do a load of laundry, maybe clean the toilets and bathroom, watch TV (Prison Break and sometimes Heroes)
Thursday - work, come home, cook dinner, Ben goes bowling about 3 times a month, I may go to cheer him on, or I stay at home and mop the tiled floors, or do the toilets and bathroom I did not do on Wednesday, and generally tidy up the house.
Friday - work, most likely we go out for dinner either with friends, or it's our date night (although that has been a little few and far between lately).
Saturday - morning is grocery shopping, then lunch either out or at home, then twice a month I have music practice at church and if we had been super-organised, Ben would be on sound desk duty while I play either piano or keyboard. :) Most Saturday nights we have our church small group meeting (we call it "grow" group) as well, so dinner could be a simple one where I had prepared earlier, or we eat out.
Sunday - morning we go to church, followed by lunch either with my parents or with our friends from church, then to supermarket for household needs. The afternoons can be varied, the best afternoons are where I can just come home and relax, take a nap or go to the gym and then have a leisurely evening before going to work and starting the whole week again.
Throw in to all this time with my sister, running errands, keeping up with emails, paying bills, catching up with friends and extended family, attending weddings (which do take up an entire day on the weekend, usually the Saturday), organising life in general and it is little wonder I often go to work to catch my breath!
I still wonder how my mother, and my father as well, has worked and looked after a house, and raised both me and my sister. So to all the women and men out there who work full-time/part-time/anytime, and have a household/family/husband/wife/all of the above to look after, you inspire me!
Thursday, April 05, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
an inspiration to one another :)
Yep! I agree... See how often I blog nowadays... Can't find the time when priority is on my family...
eh... how come dun see Ben helping with house chores?!?
not that i do anyway... hehehehe...
ok, ok... will help my wife more often now... :)
Oh, I should have mentioned that Ben maintains both cars, mows the lawn, vacuums the carpet (which is basically the whole house except kitchen, laundry and bathrooms) and does the gardening/weeding. ;) Also he puts the rice to boil when he gets home, or helps me cook pasta. Sometimes he gets dinner ready if I have to work late.
Post a Comment