Thursday, October 20, 2005

Wedding Bell(es)!


Tonight I went to pick up no less than 3 wedding cards and 1 engagement card and a sort of engagement present from a christian bookshop. You know you are growing up when you are attending weddings at a rate of one a month, and the couples are friends of your's. You also become more and more proficient at writing congratulatory messages! On the other hand, you could be running out of words to write and couples may start receiving the same messages! Ha ha!

Next year will be very special as both my sister and my best friend will be getting married and I will be maid of honour and bridesmaid respectively for them. Not to mention I am in the midst of planning my own wedding which will take place toward the end of next year, and I will turn the big 3-0 in mid- January (that is only 3 months away..... should I start freaking out?). Could a woman be busier?? As a result of all the responsibilities (maid of honour, bridesmaid, bride, adult), I find my brain will not stop ticking, and I even came up with brilliant ideas for our impending engagement party at 6.30 this morning. Who thinks about engagement parties at 6.30 in the morning?? Why did I not think of these even last week, so that it would have given me a bit more time to see my ideas come to fruition? As it is, I still have to see if it can be done.


Thus far, for our wedding, my fiance and I have reserved a reception venue (and the caterer), but are still thinking about which church to have the ceremony at (our modern home church, or a traditional bluestone church), though one has been tentatively booked, and still have no photographer. My sister was more organised, she had the reception venue, caterer, church and photographer all within a few weeks. But she and her fiance decided to do without an engagement party. I keep thinking each day that I have so much to do. Though I am enjoying the last minute adrenalin-induced ideas!

On top of weddings, my fiance and I are about to become first home owners. This is very exciting, and very stressful as we hunt for the right mortgage broker and the right mortgage package. I feel terribly grown-up, and yet still terribly immature as I realise how much I have still to learn.


All part of the fun of growing up, I guess. Happy