Friday, November 24, 2006

Where have I been?

A friend and fellow blogger asked, "where have you been?" which caused me to smile.

I am around, trying to juggle being an accountant, an employee, a fiancee, a daughter, a sister, a friend, a bride and also a child of God.

It is only 15 days to the wedding day! There seems to be a few things that need my attention - final interviews/meetings with providers - reception manager, caterers, photographer, videographer, liaising with my florist who is soon to be my cousin, organising pre-wedding celebrations, which I think is just an excuse for the bride to have as many parties as she can squeeze in the space of a month, and get as many presents as she can. (Having said that, I have now realised that perhaps I could have done without one party.)

In addition to all that madness is one item that is bigger than everything else. The seating arrangement. Who is not talking to who? Who doesn't get along with that person? Who would they feel comfortable sitting with? Oh..... we have space for 3 people on this table, who else can we put here?? You get the picture.

And of course there are things I need to do to get myself ready and present myself as the glowing bride that everyone expects to see on the day. Which is really ironic as I think the bride gets the least amount of sleep the 2 weeks leading up to the wedding. Thankfully, there is always make-up. Ahhh.... the joys of make-up - hides just about anything.

Therefore, please excuse me if this blog remains a little stagnant the next few weeks. I will try to update as soon as I can, and when interesting things happen. But it's nice to know that people check every now and then. So, thank you. :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha... You've answered my question well! And I'm one of those friend that drop by your site everytime I'm available online.

Good to hear about your wedding progress. I guess me, FSY and AT can really emphatise with what you're going through right now.

If I don't hear any updates 15 days before and after your wedding, I'd like to congratulate the both of you on your coming union. May God bless you two with everlasting happiness, good health and filial kids!

Have fun at the party and you can snooze off all you want after the big day!

SJ said...

Thanks for the well-wishes, Dean! Yup, I thought you would understand. :)

Will be snoozing as much as I can for most of December! I am taking the whole month off from work.

Anonymous said...

:) see ya soon dearest :)