This week I discovered the biggest time-waster of all...... ebay!!
I had vowed not to get into ebay, simply because it would open up a whole new world of shopping for me, already a serious shopper. Although my fiance would vouch that I have been most controlled this year with my spending because I recognise the fact that we have huge expenses and cash outlays given the wedding and setting up our new home.
However, I had to contact a potential seller of flowergirl dresses regarding sizes of a particular dress this week and to do that, I had to register as an ebay user. (Note to brides-to-be, if looking for a flowergirl dress, try ebay first. Definitely much cheaper!)
Well, let me say that in the last 5 days or so, I have logged on to ebay every day, searched for particular items I am interested in, and I am even watching several items. It is so addictive. I even placed a bid on what I thought would have been a great bargain, but I have been outbid. I have to admit that being outbid by someone is like losing! And it is so easy to just keep bidding in order to win the bid, especially as the competitive side of me hates losing!
However, I was not willing to spend anymore than my maximum bid. At least I still have my self-control. Let's see how long before I give in to the temptations.....
5 comments:
Hi there...
It has been a long time since your last post... Nice to get updates on your progress.
Happy hunting on the web. Later you'll find that buying baby stuff online is also waaaaay cheaper!
Why, are you looking at baby stuff already? ;)
hehe.. :)
Hehe... *grin*
Go figure...
Dean, have I missed something on your blog? or something you are not telling yet? I can wait.
Post a Comment